Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:00:30 EST
From: CutiPi25@aol.com
To: mattf+@pitt.edu
Subject: paleontology

Dear Sir,

    My name is Amanda Guillory.  I am an eighth grade student at Fontainebleau
Junior High School in Mandeville, Louisiana.  My e-mail address is
cutipi25@aol.com.  I am doing a research project on the profession of
paleontology and I was wondering if you could answer a few of my questions.
Any information is deeply appreciated. Thank you for your time and help.

1. What subjects did you take in school that may have influenced you to go
into your profession?
2. What intrests/apptitudes did you have or develop that caused you to go into
this profession?
3. When did you decide to enter into your present profession?
4. Is continuing education a part of your professional growth?  If so, what
type and how much is required.
5. Where are you employed presently and how many other companies or
institutions have employed you previously?
6. What are your job responsibilities?  Are all your job duties in your job
description or are there "implied" duties also?
7. What are your working conditions or describe them?
8. Does your job have extra benefits or "perks"?  What are some of these if
your answer is yes?
9. What is the best part of your daily routine?  The worst part?
10. What advice would you give someone who is considering entering your field
of work?
11. How many years have you been working in your profession?
12. If you had it to do over again, would you choose the same profession?  Why
or why not?
13. Have you ever worked in another capacity in another profession?  What did
you do?  Why did you leave?
14. Could you give a salary range to your profession?  You do not have to be
specific - just a starting salary and a possibly ending salary.
15. Any information that you could think of that was not asked in the above
comments.  Also, any personal comments you might like to make.