Re: arms into wings

Tom Holtz said:

<The "chasing a dragonfly" model is about as dead as _Archaeopteryx_.  No
one I know of considers that a likely life habit: heck, even Ostrom was
only
partly serious when proposing it.>

I never bought the insect chasing model either, and I've said as much
before on this list. I merely used it to illustrate a point. Substitute
more substantial prey if you prefer, but the point still holds; that once
selection for aerodynamic performance began it must have compromised the
previous function of the arm and hand, which presumably was prey capture.