RE: Arms into wings

In a message dated 3/3/99 5:18:39 AM, Tom Holtz th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< as Padian & Gauthier showed back in 1985, the predatory
strike of a eumaniraptoran forelimb uses the same basic movements in the
same sequence as the flight stroke: it would be a synchronized movement. >>

So they're to blame for "predatory strike," which may well be a figment of
their imaginations that has been propagated into near-gospel on this list? Oh
. . . .

Maybe I'm a gadfly, but who the heck has ever seen a "predatory strike?"

I can't help noticing that maniraptors tended to have some pretty awesome prey
catching gear in their jaws and on their feet. In that light, what is this
"predatory strike" that the manus is so all-fired important to?

Tom Hopp