Re: Rough & tumble world

               I know I'm not a dinosaur expert, but I read John
Horner's book and I think perhaps his meaning of calling the T-Rex "an
opportunistic scavenger, a connoisseur of carcasses, not an aggressive
hunter like Velociraptor."  was to make the point of just what a
ferocious hunter Velociraptor was and that perhaps T-Rex wasn't the
"Mighty Dinosaur King" that he has always been portrayed to be.  I know
I would love to hear John Horner's opinion on this phrase so that his
meaning may be know.

  George Leonard wrote:

  > What surprises this humanist/amateur (who began this thread) is that

  > neither Dr. Tom, Patrick Norton nor Betty Cunningham even care to
tip
  > their hat to the picture of T Rex that John R. Horner put out in
Dinosaur
  > Lives (1997 Quotes below).
  T Rex.... was an opportunistic scavenger, a

--
Natasha Ramsey

University of Memphis
Student of Geological Sciences