Re: Convergent flight mechanisms? (was Re: Protoavis)

>It would be interesting to compare the ankle joints of tarsiers
>("bush-babies"). They are phenominal leapers, and supposably have the
>largest relative tarsals of any extant animal. Have their ankles
>been simplified in this manner?
Dann Pigdon

A minor point - tarsiers are not bushbabies.  The latter are African
prosimians otherwise known as galagos.  Tarsiers are not prosimians, but
lie between prosimians and "higher" primates, and they live in Indonesia,
the Philippines and surrounding areas.

1825 Shady Creek Court