Re: Arms into wings

>This makes sense if the premise is that non-avian maniraptoran theropods
>were ambush predators. And I can't think of any living predatory Archosaurs
>that are not ambush predators, so maybe that's a reasonable premise. Anyone
>know of a living predatory Archosaur that uses something other than an
>"ambush" strategy?
>
>PTNorton@msn.com

Any number of aerial-foraging insectivorous birds like swifts, swallows or
woodswallows; dippers, auks and penguins, which actively pursue prey under
water; hawks like the African harrier-hawks and neotropical Crane Hawk that
actively search for lizards in holes in trees; large gulls and skuas that
pursue and catch smaller seabirds on the wing; etc...
1825 Shady Creek Court