Re: taxa help please!!

In a message dated 3/4/99 8:48:14 PM EST, owen.jones@port.ac.uk writes:

<< I need some help on dinosaur taxa and I suppose this is the place to ask...

 _Bothriospondylus suffosus_ Owen
 _Gigantosaurus megalonyx_ Seeley

 These are dino names that I found in a book published in 1895. They were
 found in the Kimmeridge Clay of England (Upper Jurassic) and I want to know
 if they are still valid taxa.
 If not, what they would be referred to as now? >>

The taxa are nomenclaturally valid but the species themselves are based on
material that is probably not diagnostic (i.e., unidentifiable) to the species
level. Both are apparently brachiosaurid sauropods.