Poekilopleuron

>Poekilopleuron<

Hi all,

I heard news about a rediscovered jurassic dinosaur species named
"Poekilopleuron bucklandii". I think that could be new and interesting for some
of you.

The first remains of this species were found in 1834 in Caen (France) but they
were lost in the second-world-war. Now there were found new parts of
Poekilopleuron (a Megalosaurid). Together with the drawings of the lost pieces
this would be the first known complete skeleton of a big meat-eating dinosaur
(about 10 metres TL) in Europe.

Nice greetings,

Thomas
THammann@t-online.de