Re: Arms into wings

At 04:15 PM 3/5/99 EST, TomHopp@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 3/5/99 1:11:38 PM, randyk@ims.com writes:
>
><< By a similar argument, a counterexample would disprove it?
>The cowbird does not brood, being somewhat parasitic.   >>
>
>Yeah, okay. And here's another. Ostriches don't fly. Therefore birds don't
>fly.

I think you were overgeneralizing.  I don't think that you can
presume any characteristic of birds is basal because all the birds
you've observed have the characteristic.  I know that you weren't
claiming it would be a basal characteristic, but you were working
in that direction by trying to make counterarguments uncomfortable.