FRENCH DICTIONARY?

Hello all---

Don't worry, there is something dinosaurian in this message (in other
words, its for a good purpose).

I have had the pleasure of trying to translate a few French papers and
it is very tedious.  I have been relying on a half-rate online French
dictionary where none of the words fits.  Anyway, can somebody point the
way to a good French-English dictionary online or not?  Plus, I heard on
NPR many moons ago about this one website that translates languages (I
believe in phrases and into and out of multiple languages) quite well;
can somebody send me the link (off-line preferably)?