Re: T. rex (competitors)

DinoGeorge wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what would be the >next< largest predator in
the
> _Tyrannosaurus rex_ ecosystem? The one that _T. rex_ would presumably
be
> chasing away from a kill?

Probably _Aublysodon_ or those 2-3 still-undescribed large
dromaeosaurids (known only from teeth).  Some of the Hell Creek Fm.
dromae' teeth are large (I have seen some slightly over 3 centimeters
long (enameloid part of the shed tooth, only)).  Highly
laterally-compressed (they would probably snap-off if the dromae' bit
into a bone).  I wonder what the rest of the animal looked like....

                                <pb>