Dino Tails

PTNorton@msn.com wrote:
>As Ostrom pointed out long ago, the stiffened tail >could have functioned
as
>a counterbalance for a quick, agile predator.
zappity...

This is something I've always wondered about:

To my observations, dromies seem to have a very reduced pubic boot compared
to other theropods. Of course, the reduction appears to be related to body
size (you need a bigger counterbalance if you have a huge head on one end,
like a T. rex). However, can the need to have a stiff tail for additional
balance be related to the reduced pubic boot?

-Sherry Michael
ANSP