FW: Plesiosaur question

Dan Varner wrote...
   I believe other finds of stomach contents consisting of cephalopod
beaks have been made.

[Jeffrey Martz]

     The original reference is:

T. Sato & K. Tanabe. 1998. Cretaceous plesiosaurs ate ammonites.  Nature
394:629-630.

      The paper deals with a polycotylid from Japan.
      I'm personally of the opinion that the "origin of feathers" and "T.rex:
predator or scavenger?" debates are battered horses that just want to roll over
and die.  People interested in exploring these issues further might check out
the archives (or the scientific litterature) to find something that hasn't been
thoroughly milled.

LN Jeff