Re: Museology

Those wishing to see full size restorations of many large dinosaurs should take
a trip to Taipei, Taiwan.  Stephen and Sylvia Czerkas supervised the
construction of ten dinosaur models, including _Tyrannosaurus rex_,
_Triceratops_, _Apatosaurus_, and _Stegosaurus_.  According to the 1989 book the
Czerkases authored, _My Life With the Dinosaurs_, the ten models were
incorporated into a walk-through diorama which also features restorations of
prehistoric plants and large mural backdrops.  The natural history museum also
has a number of large dioramas representing a variety of today's ecosystems.  I
haven't been to the museum, but I'd be delighted to hear from someone who has
seen it.  The dinosaurs probably need to be updated with feathers, but aside
from that...

--
Ralph W. Miller III  <gbabcock@best.com>

P.S. I worked on the (present day) rain forest diorama (as one of many craftsmen
working for Academy Studio).