RE: T. rex

Berislav Krzic wrote, in part:

>T.rex was more an active predator and a "provider" for a whole community
of opportunistic feeders which would have feasted upon its leftovers.<

I agree. The evidence suggests "top predator" to me.  It probably still
had to defend its kill from packs of smaller carnivores, much as lions
defend their kills (not always successfully either) from packs of hyenas
and the like---the "crowd around the carcass" I mentioned in an earlier
post.