RE: museology

I was born in Philadelphia and visit often. I'm familiar with both the new
and the old ANSP. I was really glad when they renovated. I especially
like the raptor pack attack.
I tend to agree with the comments below except to
say that the ANSP is cramped. The AMNH has the huge bones well
displayed in bright rooms. It does cladistics well but ignores ecology.
The ANSP does better on the ecology but I can't remember cladistics.

There are various, equally-valid viewpoints of dinosaur paleontology:
        Cladistics,
        Biomechanics,
        Ecology,
        Taphonomy,
        Preparation/reconstruction,
        (Your favorite addition)
The "ideal" museum would present a balanced view of all these.
The ideal museum should be able to teach the general public,
and hopefully use the "star quality" of dinosaurs to bring people
to an interest in natural science, evolution, and environmental
issues, not just please dinosaur cognoscenti.
G. Derkits