RE: Museology II

Another excellent 'hands-on' display is the use of dinosaur bone material as
a jigsaw puzzle for students. Our Geological Society has a hadrosaur fibula
which has been partially prepared, leaving it in 7 large pieces. We put it
on a piece of carpet, mix it up and have the students try to put it back
together. This worked great during a Super Science Day at the Louisiana
Children's Museum. The 'amateur paleontologists' had a blast actually being
able to put together a real dinosaur bone.

Bob S.