Megalosaurus the biggest?

Message from Thomas Hammann
<THammann@t-online.de>

Hi all,

I saw a documentary in the German television about the biggest meat-eating
dinosaurs ever lived on earth. I knew the discussion about _Giganotosaurus
carolinii_, _Carcharodontosaurus saharicus_ and _Tyrannosaurus rex_ well before
but Bob Bakker introduced a new challenger into this competition: _Megalosaurus
spec._ (I think because of the length of a single leg-bone). What do you think
of this theory?

Nice greetings,
Thomas (Germany)

(P.S. Many thanks to Thomas Holtz for your detailed information about
Albertosaurus and Gorgosaurus)

Nice greetings,
Thomas (Germany)