Re: Dinosaur TV Week

<< >The Valley of Gwangi
 >Watch as a piece of clay sculpted by Ray Harryhausen outacts James
 >Franciscus.  Cowboys and dinosaurs.  Fun.

 <snip>

 I beg to differ! It was actually a piece of Harryhausen-sculpted and
 cast foam latex over a metal ball-and-socket armature that outacts James
 Franciscus. ;0)

 --Kevin >>

  Not sure of the spelling, but wasn't Arthur Hayward the sculptor of the
Gwangi model in Harryhausen's Gwangi? I know dinosaur sculptor Tony McVey was
responsible for the baboon model in one of the later Sinbad films.
  The original Gwangi was crafted ever so skillfully by the original Lost
World and Kong maestro Marcel Delgado. I understand that model was stripped
from the armature and replaced by the "allosaurus" ( they are all allosaurus)
for _The Beast of Hollow Mountain_. Dan Varner.