Re: Biggest predators

-----Original Message-----
From: Dinogeorge@aol.com <Dinogeorge@aol.com>
To: veselinka.stanisavac@siol.net <veselinka.stanisavac@siol.net>
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: 18. marec 1999 8:23
Subject: Re: Biggest predators

>In a message dated 3/18/99 0:59:42 AM EST, veselinka.stanisavac@siol.net
>writes:
>
><< You are obviously referring to: Jenghizkhan
> Sorry, I didn't see the paper so I am just calling them all Tarbosaurus
> habit). I really do hope that the confusion with
> Tyrannosaurus -Tarbosaurus -Maleevosaurus genuses and species in Asia is
> resolved. >>
>
>Saw both Tarbosaurus and Tyrannosaurus practically side-by-side at Los
Angeles
>County Museum. There is >no way< the two are congeneric. They're on
opposite
>sides of the tyrannosaurine family tree.

I never saw them together to compare - but I agree - they must be different
genus -  especially their skulls look quite different .
The eyes of Tyrannosaurs are more forward directed  - obviously it had
better stereoscopic vision than Tarbosaurus.

Berislav Krzic (Kr?ic)
illustrissimus@usa.net
ILLUSTRISSIMUS PRODUCTIONS
http://illustrissimus.virtualave.net/