Re: Deinocheirus

Tracey wrote:

> I haven't talked to them about this, but they have this great mount at
> their museum. A Tarbosaurus is being chased by the arms of
Deinocheirus.
> Deinocheirus could easly wrap it's arms around Tarbosaurus!!!

And then what?  Strangle it?  Sounds rather like me wrapping my arms
around a wolf.

Even if Deinocheirus could kill large animals, it would find it hard
to eat them.  Ornithomimosaur jaws and teeth (those that have teeth)
are weak.  At a pinch it might be able to rip up a carcass with its
claws.  But as these are relatively straight and blunt, they are
poorly adapted to the task.

Bill