Re: Dino wrists (was Re: Thero palms...)

At 12:45 PM 3/19/99 PST, Kevin "Brontotherium" Hedgpeth wrote:

>My question is this: is there some general consensus as to the range of
>wrist articulation in various theropod groups?  That is, what kind of
>wrist mobility is suggested for a T. rex? or an allosaurid? or a
>compsognathid?

As noted earlier, both Sereno and Galton (and a few others, actually) are
coming out with papers on this topic in the near future.  Patience.

Incidentally, in case nobody else has posted it, I finally found that the
following paper is out:

Carrano, M.T.  1999.  What, if anything, is a cursor?  Categories versus
continua for determining locomotor habit in mammals and dinosaurs.  Journal
of Zoology (London) 247: 29-42.

More excellent stuff from Matt Carrano.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
College Park, MD  20742       Fax:  301-314-9661