Re: CHILANTAISAURS

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:59:51 GMT0BST darren.naish@port.ac.uk writes:

[snip]
>I think we can say that they *certainly* do not belong in the same
>genus: _C. tashuikouensis_, the type species, is probably a
>non-coelurosaur (a megalosauroid or a spinosauroid?), while _'C'
>maortuensis_ was referred to the Maniraptora by Dan Chure (1998).
[snip]
> And seeing as _'C' tashuikouensis_ clearly deserves a new generic name,
>wonder if Dan Chure is going to give it one.
[snip]

Shouldn't the new name go to "C." *maortuensis*, instead of *C.
tashuikouensis*?  I though that since *C. tashuikouensis* is the type
species of *Chilantaisaurus*, it would keep that name, making "C."
*maortuensis* the odd theropod out. -*Thescelosaurus*

>"Let us hope that armadillos can withstand their nemesis better than
>nodosaurids and most other dinosaurs did theirs"
>
>DARREN NAISH
>darren.naish@port.ac.uk

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]