NEW GENUS FOR A CHILANTAISAUR

Thescelosaurus wrote..

<< Shouldn't the new name go to "C." *maortuensis*, instead of *C.
 tashuikouensis*?  I though that since *C. tashuikouensis* is the type
 species of *Chilantaisaurus*, it would keep that name, making "C."
 *maortuensis* the odd theropod out. -*Thescelosaurus*

George replied...

> Thescelosaurus is quite correct here. Chure's new generic name will
> go to Chilantaisaurus maortuensis.

Sorry, my mistake. _C. tashuikouensis_ is the type, _'C' maortuensis_
is the one that needs the new name. Whoops. Damned Chinese specifics.

"In an insane world, it was the sanest choice"

DARREN NAISH
darren.naish@port.ac.uk