Re: COMPLETE GORGONOPSIANS

In a message dated 3/25/99 5:29:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, Dinogeorge
writes:

<< The term is more correctly spelled "gorgonopians"; also we have
Gorgonopidae, gorgonopids, and so forth. >>

I know, I know...it's just after saying it one way for such a long time it
gets hard to change...I have a lot easier time with "ceratopids" and
"ceratopians" if that's any better. Of course, is it not technically legal
taxonomy-wise to make a family simply by adding "-idae" to the genus name? We
discussed this earlier regarding the "Stenocybusidae". Wouldn't that work for
at least Gorgonopsidae in this case?

-Christian Kammerer