Re: Disney's Dinosaur Movie

[Re: Fantasia]
> > Scary stuff for a little boy, too! But for me only after several viewings.
> > It grew on me. The devil on Bald Mountain was exquisite artistry by an
> > artist named Tytla. His genius came from his hands, not a computer.

What the hell do we computer animators use -- our noses?

Sorry about the off-topic post; I just get a little pissed off when people
consider traditional animation somehow "nobler" than computer animation.
(Especially after spending two weeks painstakingly working on a fully
articulated six-limbed creature -- the computer doesn't do all the work,
folks!)

Sure, Tytla was a genius, but if he were around today, he'd probably be
using computers like the rest of us. Just to bring it back on topic a bit,
one might as well say, "Linnaeus' genius came from his eyes, not a
computer" as some sort of affront to computer-assisted cladistic analyses.

--T. Mike Keesey                                    <tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu>
WORLDS                                  <http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~tkeese1>
THE DINOSAURICON                               <http://dinosaur.umbc.edu>