Re: "Phylogenetic Definitions and Nomenclature..."

T. Mike Keesey wrote:
>Allosauridae == {Allosaurus > Sinraptor, Carcharodontosaurus,
>Cryolophosaurus, Monolophosaurus}
        Aaaaaah, multiple exclusive anchor taxa...

>Actually, his explicit definition is "all *allosauroids* closer to Ca.
>than to either A., M., Cr., or S." (emphasis mine). By either definition
>of Allosauroidea, the "abelisaur hypothesis" renders Carcharodontosaurus a
>non-allosauroid. So would this turn Carcharodontosauridae into a null
>group?
        Yeah, this is an old objection of mine. Sereno seems to be following
an old taxonomic tradition. I believe Padian et al. discuss this in their
new paper. IMHO we can just ignore the "all allosauroids" crud.

        Wagner
 "Only those whose life is short can truly believe that love is forever"-Lorien