Re: Tyrannosaur palate (was Complete Gogonopsians

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Patrick Norton wrote:
> >That last bit was a laugh, not a scream.<
>
> Apologies to the list. My last post was intended for one, but went to all. I
> guess I have a thing about capital letters.
>
> To my question; how much is known about the palate of tyrannosaurs? Are
> there palatine, ectopterygoid, vomer, etc., bones preserved from those
> dinosaurs?

This is something which I have wondered about, tho from a different
angle.

Given the weight reduction in the skulls of these and similar predators,
how strong was the palate? That is, was hurting, or even outright
puncturing, of the palate a less than remote possibility?

Rich