Re: Solvents

Roger A. Stephenson wrote:

> If you are dealing with a dinosaur bone, please don't use an acid of any
> kind. There will be damage to the specimen no matter the care exercised.

Sorry, I meant to clarify: I'm not talking about dinosaur bones, or bones at
all for that matter. Just exoskeletons of small marine creatures (i.e.:
brachiopods, gastropods trilobites, etc...) and corals. I'm afraind there are
no bones where I live. I read somewhere that you can use acids on some of them
to get the matrix off.

Sara Burch
sara@burch.net