Re: PT paper

In a message dated 3/30/99 2:49:20 PM EST, th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< Okay, so the type of _Cetiosaurus_ sucks.  On the other hand, the chances
 the type is an animal other than a sauropod dinosaur is vanishingly remote.
 (The same goes for _Megalosaurus_: although some might have complained that
 it isn't well known, the type specimen is unquestionably a theropod
dinosaur). >>

I can certainly go along with the historical reasons--which occurred to me
shortly after I had sent off the e-mail. Too bad Owen didn't recognize
Cetiosaurus as a dinosaur (I think that didn't happen until Hulke in 1870 or
something like that; need to check it--Jack McIntosh has known this kind of
info from birth).