Re: Dromeosaurid behavior........Pack hunting!

John Jackson asked:
>There must surely be some characteristic skeletal changes associated with
>starvation.  Can any be seen in fossils?

    The truth is that we can see evidence of starvation in some bones of
some animals.  I would suggest that skulls (in humans - look for pocking and
deterioration of the orbits) and limb bones would probably be the first
places to look, then the vertebrae and ribs.  To be sure, check Darren
Tanke's website which might have some examples of this kind of damage.
(Also, check with Dr. Bruce Rothchild about similar things).

    Allan Edels