Sauropods Necks

Hi,

>From a mechanical point of view it would be much more difficult to rear
up if you have to raise a long beam which would seem semi-rigid. I am
sure one of our members out there could enlighten us with the math...

Also, if you are going to rear up (for whatever reason) your anatomy
should be able to cope with the stresses involved with occasionally
getting it wrong, and coming down with a pretty hefty thump. My math
isn't up to it, but I'm sure whomever was responsible for the math on
inertia, mass, impact forces during the debate on T.rex running etc
would have something to say...

cheers, martin