Re: College

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Jason Pedersen wrote:

> "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <th81@umail.umd.edu> wrote:
>

> Your undergraduate career should
> >be about learning the fundamentals: it's in grad school that you
> specialize.
> >

> The fundamentals are what?  Biology, Geology, Mathematics

As a soon-to-be graduate of a certain private Northwest liberal arts
university, I feel compelled to add to "fundamentals" such important
subjects as history, art, music, foreign languages, philosophy, religion
(your own or somebody else's), psychology, economics, and many others.

College is a time to broaden your horizons.  Don't worry about
specializing until later.

-Nick "What the heck am I gonna do with a Classical Languages major?"
Pharris

Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA