[no subject]

><< George, you're starting to sound like Andy Rooney. >>
>
>  Make that "Mickey Rooney". Sorry. DV.

Well, my current hero is George Lucas, a visionary who knows how to get
paid, but I'm not unlike Rooney in those old flicks! Go to
HTTP://www.dinosaurextinction.com
and click on the Sha Na Na album cover, or the recent multicultural
books.

I think you get into being a producer or editor OR professor, because you
see something that isn't getting the recognition it deserves (50's rock,
ethnic literature, paleoart) and you know how to change that. Andy Warhol
said, "Pop is about liking things." John Cage loved everything. I love
dinosaurs and paleoart.

Cynicism is for amateurs and kids.  Walt Disney LOVED Disneyland, Lucas
loves Star Wars, and that's why they made the money: love, and good
lawyers. 30 years in the business and that's what I've learned: Love and
good lawyers. (But now I probably sound like Dustin Hoffman's character,
the producer in "Wag the Dog"?)

Let's continue this off line, Dan, since this is the dinosaur SCIENCE
list and Mary must be getting ready to kick our cinephile butts.

Best,
George

George J. Leonard, Ph.D.
Professor of Interdisciplinary Humanities
San Francisco State University
530 Humanities Hall
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, California, 94132