Re: Heterodontosaurids

In a message dated 5/3/99 1:21:19 PM EST, jconrad@lib.drury.edu writes:

<< Doesn't removal of the
 latter from Ornithopoda seem most likely to be right?   >>

I believe you're indeed right, which is why I published exactly this
phylogeny in my article on Heterodontosauria for Gakken back in 1994:

Olshevsky, G., 1994. "The Origin and Evolution of the Heterodontosaurians,"
Kyoryugaku Saizensen [Dino-Frontline] 8: 74?97 [illustrations by T. L. Ford;
in Japanese].

Check out the cladograms therein. There are, however, a few complications
that need to be dealt with.