Re: Rearing up on hind legs

I've never been too concerned about the sauropod blood pressure debate. Its
obvious sauropods didn't go passing out all the time. They must have had
some of way to regulate the pressure without restricting activity. I've
notice that brachiosaurs have been left out of the picture in this thread.
No matter how high the neck was held in these animals, the head would still
be significantly higher than the heart due to the forelimbs being longer
than the hind. They coped with this condition somehow.

As far as rearing is concerned, I have another thought. If the neck moments
were restricted, wouldn't the momentum of rearing cause the neck to snap?
How would it lift the weight, of what amounts to a straight beam, upward
without bending the neck upward?

-Sherry Michael