ALLOSAURUS IN EUROPE II

Darren Naish (that's me) wrote...

> Oh yeah, forgot to say.. has everyone heard that _Allosaurus
> fragilis_ has now been definitely reported from the Late Jurassic of
> Portugal? I understand there is a paper on this in the latest
> _Journal of the Geological Society_. Not to be confused with
> _Lourinhanosaurus_.

Just seen the paper: the specimen is a fairly complete pelvis with
surrounding elements like gastralia and some vertebrae preserved.
Nino Perez-Moreno is senior author - the authorship team consists of
about 8 workers, Dan Chure is among them.

Couldn't afford to photocopy is as I had to spend my money on food.

DARREN NAISH
darren.naish@port.ac.uk