IMPLICATIONS OF TOOTH WEAR

In my experience with finding sauropod teeth, I've discovered that most of
the time the teeth do not show a lot of wear.  Dinosaurs shed/replace
teeth throughout their lives.  So I suspect sauropod teeth found isolated
will be broken but not very worn.  And teeth still in partial skulls/jaws
will show very little wear.  Sauropods raked and swallowed their food
whole.  Sauropods also seemed to prefer upland/riverine environments.
Lots of conifers and tree ferns not much in ground cover.

Just my opinion!
---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)