Re: Rearing up on hind legs (was Re: Parrish's neck work ...)

Thanks for the info.
I suspect the whale heart would increase it's performance (beats per
minute) at depths due to the gas solubity and compression you
mention-the mammal heart LIKES having oxygen in the blood mix and that
nasty ol' nitrogen poisoning ('the bends') would seem to me to require
increased circulation to get what little oxygen is left in the blood to
the brain....... but then I haven't a clue about physiology in any real
sense.

-Betty
(I'm outta my depths on this one heh heh)

--
Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com