Re: Havre Montana Badlands Info

1. Judith River Formation  (JRF)
2. See Ray Rogers papers.
3. Encyclopidea of Dinosaurs, Currie and Padian,
See Judith River Formation,  has lists of dinosaurs of the Alberta and
Montana floral and fauna.  Also has description of the enviroment.  If you
dont have this, I will be heading through Havre late this saturday.  I can
probally get you a copy of it.  If not I will be around the area for a few
weeks.
4.  Bob Makela and Jack Horner have collected in that area (JRF).  I know
Vicki Clouse has done work there,...you probally know her since she is on
campus with you.  Might want to contact Nate Murphy at the Philips County
Museum in Malta.  He has some information and has collected in the JRF
5. See the Dinosauria.  Will also have collections and where they are found.
I have this as well.

hope this helps,

k.wicks

On Tue, 04 May 1999 13:57:28 -0600, John M. Dollan wrote:

> Hi folks... this is a long shot, but...
>
> Does anyone out there know of any resources, online or otherwise, that
> can give me information on the geological history, age, etc., of the
> Havre badlands?  I know the age to roughly 78 million years, but I'd
> like to find specifics, such as what range of ages are exposed, and what
> the likely topography and environmental conditions were during the time
> when the exposed layers were being laid down.
 I am also attempting to
> find resources through the MSU library system, but it is proving to be
> surprisingly difficult!  Also, any info on the species that may be found
> as fossils here, and their appropriate age, would be great!
>
> anyway, any info would be much appreciated.  I am attempting to put
> together an informative website on the area, as well as a log of the
> fossils that I have found here.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> John M. Dollan
> Graduate Assistant-Residence Life
> Montana State University-Northern
> ICQ 308260
> Visit Explorations at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/1861
>
> "Exploration is an obsession.  The more I discover, the more I want to
> know.  Unfortunately I will not be able to discover everything I want."
>  --Meave Leakey
>
> "Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember, amateurs built the
> Ark.  Professionals built the Titanic."
>  --Unknown

-
Mr. K.Wicks
Dickinson State University -ND
Dept of Natural Sciences- Biology

Paleo Mont Research
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3381

Paleo Mont Park
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3381

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldnt be called research, would it?" A.
Einstein