Re: Dinosaurs of the Silk Road

Jack Conrad wrote:

<BTW, anyone here looked at _Stenopelix_?  I may be
way off base here, and I've only looked at photos, but
doesn't it look an awful lot like a headless
_Psittacosaurus_?>

  Too plesiomorphic for that. I've also had a chance
to see some nice photos of this beast, and the only
conclusion I had was that this was a transistory form
between heterodontosaurs and pachycephalosaurs, the
latter being (like *Homalocephale*) more plesiomorphic
relatively than *Psittacosaurus*. This included
pelvic, femoral, and tibial gross morphology and
proportions. I'd done a real basic of this animal and
*Xiaosaurus*, and found they share a lot in common
with *Heterodontosaurus*, at least superficially and
in the latter, very much in the extremities as an
"outgroup" taxon.

  Da?

===
- Greek proverb: "Knowledge is Inherent;
  Stupidity is Learned." -

Jaime A. Headden

Qilong, the we---is temporarily out of service.
Please check back when the phone lines are not busy.