R: R: HETERODONTOSAURIDS AND BASAL CERAPOD PHYLOGENY

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: jconrad@lib.drury.edu <jconrad@lib.drury.edu>
A: Dinosaur ListServer <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Data: martedì 4 maggio 1999 23.36
Oggetto: Re: R: HETERODONTOSAURIDS AND BASAL CERAPOD PHYLOGENY

>I agree.  _Agilisaurus_ appears much too derived to be a sister taxon to
>_Lesothosaurus_.  In looking at the pelves of many ornithopods, it strikes
>me that only in this group do you consistently see the prepubic process
>extend more cranially than the preacetabular process of the ilium.  Only in
>one or two stegosaurs is this condition even approached outside of
>Ornithopoda (excluding  heterodontosaurids, of course).

However, I'm a little skeptical with the obturator process of Lesothosaurus,
because for the comparison I use the figure pubblished in "The Dinosauria
pp.421 Lesothosaurus, Pisanosaurus, Technosaurus" and I have read on this
list, (I don't remember when) that in the original figured by Thulborn the
obturator process of Lesothosaurus is draw in outline and there are nothing
for certain that the process was as Thulborn figured or Agilisaurus like.
Can you tell me what is the story?
Please tell me if I'm right, but for me the coronoid process of Agilisaurus
is much high than that of in Lesothosaurus.
And also the palpebral bone is much more similar to that of Dryosaurus or
no?

By
Alessandro Marisa
"Voluntary of Paleontology Group of Monfalcone"
Via Achille Grandi n°18
38068 ROVERETO (TN) ITALY
Tel: 039-0464-434658 Email: amaris@tin.it