Re: AGILISAURUS AND OTHER TINY ORNITHISCHIANS THAT GIVE US HEADACHES

In a message dated 5/6/99 0:25:18 AM EST, Dinogeorge@AOL.COM writes:

<< Don't recall >any< ankylosaurians with
 seven premaxillary teeth (but spinosaurian theropods have seven; does this
 mean Huayangosaurus is a spinosaurian?); I'd certainly like to know which
 ones these might be, if any. >>

Checked and found _Silvisaurus condrayi_ has 8-9 premax teeth; most other
ankylosaurians have toothless premaxilla. This is probably a _Silvisaurus_
autapomorphy. Struthiosaurus and Sauropelta are also said to have
premaxillary teeth but I'm not sure of the counts; so perhaps they're related
to _Silvisaurus_. Most of my library is still packed up and I can't get at
the papers to look these things up.