Re: rearing up (long)

> > 4.  Lastly, if sauropods weren't eating the trees, who was?
> > Sorry for the long note.--Ken Clay, M.D.
> >
> I agree. Totally.
> I think that sauropods could rear up. They 'ate' the trees. What
> other function could their long necks have then to reach up? (except
> maybe for butting/strangling  in mating/territorial-disputes etc).

> J. A. Dol

Speaking of all this: is there a study anywhere that combines relevant
palaeontological and palaeobotanical evidence (i.e. that demonstrates
the need of sauropods to rear up because of the height of treetops)?

Research Assistant
History Department, Groningen University
P.O. Box 716, NL-9700 AS Groningen, The Netherlands
Tel. +31 - 50 363 4927; Fax  +31 - 50 363 7253
E-mail: NIEUWLND@let.rug.nl

"You think it's a conspiracy by the networks
to put bad shows on TV. But the shows are bad
because that's what people want. It's not like
Windows users don't have any power. I think
they are happy with Windows, and that's an
incredibly depressing thought."

Steve Jobs, Apple iCEO