Re: MADAGASCAN ORNITHISCHIANS

In a message dated 5/7/99 11:59:49 AM EST, darren.naish@port.ac.uk writes:

<< I believe Forster et al. in the recent Gondwana abstracts published
 in _Annals of the South African Museum_ stated that Madagascar has no
 known ornithischians: I cannot find this ref right now but can direct
 people to it in the dino-l archives. >>

Stegosaurus madagascariensis is based on an ornithischian tooth that had once
been referred to Majungatholus, when that genus was considered a
pachycephalosaurian. Now that Majungatholus is known to be a theropod, the
tooth is no longer referable to that genus; but it still exists. It's
probably not referable to the genus Stegosaurus, but it might be
stegosaurian, ankylosaurian, or pachycephalosaurian (can't get to my paper on
it to check).