Re: http://www.dinosaurextinction.com

In a message dated 5/9/99 0:38:29 AM EST, gl91bciiLt@earthlink.net writes:

<< Make that Nyctosaurus crunching the gravel? Wings tucked? In a cloud of
 midges. But only if he's been found near there. It's fiction, but it's
 not fantasy: we start to SEE the KT. Like our esteemed illustrators, but
 prose can do sounds, smells, the oxygen, the bother of the insects.   >>

Nyctosaurus isn't known from anywhere near the K-T boundary as far as I can
remember (it's coeval with Pteranodon). For pterosaurs closer to the K-T
boundary, you might try azhdarchids such as Quetzalcoatlus and
Arambourgiania, though these genera aren't known from New Jersey. I think
Donald Baird had a big indeterminate azhdarchid specimen from the East Coast
at one time.