Re: http://www.dinosaurextinction.com

>Nyctosaurus isn't known from anywhere near the K-T boundary as far as I can
>remember (it's coeval with Pteranodon).

Very helpful, George, I'll certainly take your word over the book I got
N. from.

The payoff for this scupulousness would be that as the reader reads,
he/she thinks, "the odds are that this scene really happened, with these
animals, and it looked, sounded, even smelled just like this."

I disliked the movie Titanic, but as the ship went down at the end, it
was a thrill to be thinking, "If I had been there, this is exactly what I
would have seen."

 The first twenty minutes of Saving Private Ryan were so densely
researched and freshly imagined, they also "took you there."

I think the place many people would like to visit the most, is the KT.

George