Re: Weird mammal cladograms, and dino implications

>> Ah... Nick... Musophagids ARE turacos.
>
>OK, ya caught me.  I haven't looked at much bird taxonomy in a LONG time.
>But I think these were indeed said to be related to cariamas,
>phorusrhacoids, caracaras, New World vultures, and hoatzins.
>
>-Nick P.

Well, no one else has been able to figure out what they are related to, so
this is a start!  But I would be surprised to see that New World Vultures
are not close relatives of storks (as supported by molecular, morphological
and behavioral evidence).  I would still be very interested in knowing the
basis for this new view, if you happen to turn it up.
1825 Shady Creek Court