Re: "The Tasmanian Tiger May Live Again"

>See:
>http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/od/story.html?s=v/nm/19990513/od/tiger_1.
>html
>for the Reuters article on Dr. Michael Archer's plans for cloning the
>thylacine, extinct since 1936.  There are seven baby specimens preserved
>in museums throughout the world.
>
>Mary
>mkirkaldy@aol.com
Excuse me but isn't it quite likely that the Thylacine still lives in small
numbers in Tasmania as many people have seen it since it was declared
extinct?  Wouldn't it be less expensive to try to find the remaining
thylacines and protect them then it would be to clone them?  Although I
soppose cloned individuals could always be used to supplement the wild
population.
Jonathan schmidt