Re: GANGING CROWS & LIZARDS

On Fri, 14 May 1999 gejd@concentric.net wrote:

> I haven't read enough about Corvid hunting
> behavior though.

For what it's worth, I once saw the following.  A crow landed four feet
away from a group of eggs (chicken) I had placed on a suburban lawn.  It
looked this way and that _apparently_ casing the joint.  Another crow
landed among the eggs and started to peck at them.  The second crow then
dragged a broken egg over to the first crow who then started to eat.  The
second crow went back to the main egg group and continued feeding.  It
_appeared_ to me that one crow was acting as a sentry.  If so this would
be cooperation.